Perhaps you’ve always wanted a bright white smile, but you’ve noticed that your teeth have become dull or yellowed over time. On the other hand, maybe you’re making a new commitment to oral health, and you want your teeth to appear healthy and clean. Whatever the case, if you’ve considered teeth whitening, you’re not alone.
While many factors play into the appearance of one’s teeth, Colgate explains that surface stains and internal discoloration greatly affect one’s natural tooth color. Consider the following:
- Natural Aging
- The use of tobacco products (smoked or chewed), as well as drinking coffee, tea, colas, red wine and deeply pigmented foods
- Build-up of plaque and tartar
- Too much fluoride during tooth development, resulting in a “mottled” look on teeth
- The use of tetracycline, an antibiotic commonly prescribed during childhood
- Trauma or damage to teeth, resulting in a brown or grayish shade
With these in mind, take a look at the most popular reasons for teeth whitening, also provided by Colgate:
- To boost confidence and self-esteem
- To appear younger
- To prepare for a special event (wedding, new job or a class reunion)
- To make a positive first impression
- To rewind years of staining and yellowing
Options For Teeth Whitening
Because today’s industry is inundated with new-age whitening pastes, gels and other over the counter products, dentists urge patients to be careful when choosing which whitening agent to apply. In fact, to ensure that whitening is effective and that teeth are not damaged, it’s best to contact an experienced cosmetic dentist to discuss your options for teeth whitening.
Gramercy Dental Center is committed to safe and effective teeth whitening to reverse stains from lifestyle habits, dark-colored foods and aging. What’s more, patients can work alongside our reputable cosmetic dentist to determine the perfect shade of white for their smile. Our solutions are designed to minimize tooth sensitivity, which is a common complaint in those that have used in-store whitening agents.
For professional teeth whitening that will give you the greatest return on your investment, contact Gramercy Dental Center to schedule your appointment today.
Posted on behalf of Gramercy Dental Center